You have 0 product(s) in your cart.
DIVELINE PADI Advanced Open Water
Exploration, Excitement, Experiences. They're what the DIVELINE PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. And no, you don't have to be “advanced” to take it – it's designed so you can go straight into it after the PADI Open Water Diver course. Improve your skills to Scuba Dive in Melbourne.
The DIVLELINE PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course gives you the perfect opportunity to gain additional diving experience and confidence under the watchful eye of one of our experienced instructors. This is a great way to enhance your skills and learn some new ones. Successful completion allows you to dive to 30 metres.
Certified as an Open Water Diver
- A PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organisation)
- Minimum 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
- Diver medical check highly recommended. Required if 45 and over years of age, or if you answer yes to any question on your signed medical disclaimer. For registered doctors see the list at SPUMS.
- Your own mask, snorkel, boots and fins (available to students at discounted prices).
PADI Advanced Open Water Course consists of 5 adventure dives usually run over one weekend with a maximum of four participants per instructor. Your adventures include the mandatory Deep and Navigation dives with Peak Performance Buoyancy, Night and Wreck as the others. Boat and Drift Diver dives are studied as backups, if for some reason Night or Wreck dives cannot be completed.
What you Learn
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include:
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer
- And much, much more
- PADI Qualified & Experienced Instructors
- All Scuba Equipment (where required) including BCD, Regulator, Computer, Cylinder, Weights, Air Fills
- PADI Advanced E-learning material
- 3 x Shore Dives and 2 x Boat Dives
- PADI E-Certification Card, accepted around the world and a life-long licence
- Dive Torch (for night dive)
- Dive Knife
- Slate w/pencil
As an advanced diver you should have the appropriate equipment to keep yourself safe. The above items are mandatory for the dives you will indertake on your advanced course. Whilst booked on course you receive 10% discount on selected goods in store. *(Exceptions apply)
- Scuba diving in Melbourne is highly car dependant, due to various dive site locations and heavy and bulky gear items, and many dive sites are not easily accessible by public transport. Diveline's Open Water Course does not include transport to and from the dive sites.
- If you do not drive, please call us before booking. We may be able to assist with transport options.
Private one-on-one training available at $985.00.
All course details as above. Optional Extra—Enriched Air $250 per student:
Add on an Enriched Air (Nitrox) course (normal course fee $350) to learn how to extend your no-decompression time and stay down longer with a higher oxygen concentration. Refer to Enriched Air course for further information.
Your Next Adventure
After you've tried a specialty in the Advanced Open Water Diver course, you'll probably want to take your Diveline PADI Rescue Course or a Specialty Course and learn more.
For more information about this or other PADI courses have a chat with one of the DIVELINE SCUBA CENTRE Team members.
*Exceptions to 10% discount on dive equipment - not available on package deals or goods already on sale.
- Cancellation of course will result in a $100 administration fee.
- Once e-Learning has been activated, $250 of course fees is non-refundable plus the admin fee.
- Cancellation of course within 72 hours results is 50% of the course costs, due to bookings for pools, boats, instructors and divemasters.
- Cancellation of boat dives within 72 hours also results in non-refundable boat fees.